Used traditionally in Western herbal medicine to relieve premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms including breast tenderness and relieve painful or irregular periods.
Features and benefits
Fusion Vitex provides equivalent to 1gVitex agnus- Castus(also known as chaste tree) fruit per tablet.
In Western herbal medicine, vitex is:
- Traditionally used to relieve symptoms of premenstrual tension, including breast tenderness
- Traditionally used to relieve period pain
- Traditionally used to support the health of the menstrual cycle and relieve irregular periods
- Traditionally used to support women’s reproductive system health
How it works
Most women are familiar with the symptoms of premenstrual tension, which happen in the days leading up to their period and can impact on their quality of life.1Mild premenstrual symptoms occur in up to 70% menstruating women.1
Vitex relieves premenstrual tension
Although premenstrual symptoms vary from woman to woman, one common symptom is breast tenderness.1Vitex, or chaste tree, is used traditionally in Western herbal medicine to decrease symptoms of premenstrual tension, including breast tenderness.
Period pain relief
Many women are also no stranger to period pain, which is usually most painful leading up to and at the start of a period.2It tends to be felt in the lower abdomen but may extend to the lower back and legs.2 According to traditional use in Western herbal medicine, taking vitex relieves period pain.
Vitex reduces irregular periods and supports women’s reproductive health
Vitex is also traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine to reduce irregular periods, regulate a healthy menstrual cycle and to support women’s reproductive system health.
1. Victoria State Government. Last updated Dec 2019 and accessed Jan 2020 from betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/premenstrual- Syndrome- Pms
2. Victoria State Government. Last updated Oct 2018 and accessed Jan 2020 from betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/ConditionsAndTreatments/menstruation- Pain- Dysmenorrhoea