Caught a cold? Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid contains echinacea, which is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to support the immune system in fighting illnesses like common colds and flu, relieve their symptoms – including a runny nose, nasal congestion and mild fever – and shorten their duration.
Features and benefits:
- Echinacea relieves common cold and flu symptoms including a runny nose, nasal congestion and mild fever, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Echinacea also supports the immune system to fight illnesses like common cold and flu, as well as shortens their duration, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- In Western herbal medicine, echinacea is also taken to relieve symptoms of mild tonsilitis
- Also contains the Chinese herbs honeysuckle, forsythia, isatis leaf and root, balloonflower, Japanese catnip and Chinese licorice
How it works
Upper respiratory tract infections are very common. Most adults catch a common cold between two and five times a year, complete with symptoms like a runny nose and nasal congestion, which usually last around 7-10 days.1
Echinacea: traditionally used to reduce common cold duration in Western herbal medicine
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid contains echinacea, which is traditionally used to relieve symptoms of common colds and flu in Western herbal medicine including runny nose, nasal congestion and mild fever.
Being a renowned herb for immune support in the Western herbalists’ dispensary, echinacea is traditionally used to fight illnesses such as common colds and flu, while also shortening the time it takes to recover from them. In Western herbal medicine, echinacea is also traditionally taken to relieve the symptoms of mild tonsillitis (inflammation of the two oval- Shaped glands that sit at the back of the throat).
Echinacea taken traditionally to relieve common cold symptoms in Chinese medicine
Echinacea is also traditionally used to ease common cold symptoms such as fever and nasal congestion.
Other Chinese herbs
Fusion Cold & Flu also containsthe Chinese herbs honeysuckle, forsythia, isatis leaf and root, balloonflower, Japanese catnip and Chinese licorice.
Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid is suitable for use in conjunction with Fusion Zinc Advanced, Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced, Fusion ActiViral, Fusion Cough Lung Tonic.
If you’re experiencing recurrent common colds or slow recovery after illness, also consider Fusion Astra 8 Immune Tonic.
1. Eccles, R. Lancet Infect Dis, 2005;5(11):718-25.